Hello my lovely lazy green people, I hope you all had lovely Christmas breaks and not feeling too full and lethargic! My break has been so relaxed that I completely switched off from my every day life. Now I’m slowly trying to get back into the swing of things and beginning to think about how I can get next year off to a positive start.
It’s been 8 months now since I decided to change some of my lazy, or procrastinating, habits into green actions. There have been many things I’ve found relatively easy to do – such as switching to organic food and buying less “stuff” – and some things I have gradually learnt to do over time; like going plastic free, and cutting out ingredients like palm oil.
But going green hasn’t always been easy for me, and I thought it might be useful to share some of the things I have yet to transform into more sustainable practices; if only to assure you that these things don’t always happen overnight!
So, here’s my list of things to “get greener at”, as the New Year approaches:
- Use my car less – or even not at all – and brave the weather more.
- Build a DIY compost or wormery for any unusable food scraps.
- Get more actively involved in groups and campaigns contributing to political change.
- Understand the journey of dairy and meat alternatives – like soy – to find the most sustainable options.
- Investigate ethical banking and switch my accounts.
- Stop buying “off the cuff” clothes without investigation into where they were sourced.
- Switch utility suppliers to renewable energy.
- Use mobile devices less and get outdoors more.
- Find out more about more sustainable sanitary products.
- Learn how to sew and grow –to be a little more self-sufficient.
How about you? Do you have any green resolutions for 2015?