Simple, fresh and delicious: the three things that matter to me the most when it comes to lazy vegan dining. And this little recipe ticks all those boxes!
I actually came across this invention when I was trying to make a side dish for a vegan BBQ, and trying to use up a few salad leftovers from the previous day. It took less than 10 minutes to knock up, and was so different than anything I’ve ever eaten before.
I’m a bit of a sucker for Thai flavors and couldn’t resist experimenting with a vegetable which is usually so much more at home with tomato bases in Italian and Middle Eastern cooking. As always, I encourage you to throw together whatever you have left over which needs to be used up, but if you have any of the below ingredients, I say go for it!
Asian Spiced Aubergine and Pomegranate Salad
- 1/2 Aubergine, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup of Peas
- 1/4 cup of Pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 chill
- 1 Tbsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
- A handful of fresh Coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion
1. Lightly brush the Aubergine slices with Sesame Oil and griddle gently until cooked
2. In a separate pan, shallow fry the onion, chili and peas in the remaining Sesame Oil.
3. Once cooked, combine the pea and Onion mixture with the Aubergine, and toss in the Pomegranate and fresh Coriander.
4. Serve immediately as a side dish with your favorite summer BBQ or salad (and a sneaky glass of wine if you fancy!)