Happy Friday lazy green people! We made it through the week! 🙂
I’ve decided to switch my lazy vegan recipes from Meatless Monday to Frisky Friday, so it coincides with a) when we need a quick and easy recipe the most and b) when my weekly veg box has been delivered so I can incorporate what’s in season for the week!
This week’s veg box had a LOT of broccoli and carrots which are two of my most favorite ingredients for a quick and easy stir fry. But I have been trying to cut down my intake of soy, so I thought I would mix it up, using Cannellini beans for my protein fix instead of Tofu. The results were so hearty, yet fresh and zingy I just had to share!
Vegetable and Cannellini Bean Satay Stir Fry
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 whole broccoli, roughly chopped (include the stalks too they are yummy!)
- 2 carrots, chopped into rough chunks (no need to peel just give them a wash)
- A handful of green beans
- 1/2 onion roughly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 1 Tsp chilli flakes
- Heat the sesame oil and gently fry the garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Add the carrots, cannellini beans, broccoli stalks, green beans and onion and stir fry on a high heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, peanut butter and water. Stir thoroughly
- Once the beans begin to soften, add the broccoli florets and flash fry for a few minutes longer, making sure to coat the broccoli with sauce.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and noodles or rice if you fancy (though its just as filling on its own!)
One thought on “Lazy vegan Recipe: Broccoli and Cannellini Bean Satay Stir Fry”
Looks yummy. Aren’t they called cannellini beans. I know. Nobody likes a smart arse 🙂