Ooops I’ve done it again. I have promised to be better at posting blogs, only to get distracted by sunny Australian beaches, lazy Game of Thrones nights and wine…Sorry!
But on the plus side, my lazy winter procrastinations (yes it is pretty cold here in Sydney) has meant that I have been testing out a vast variety of home made pamper treatments and have discovered this tropical blend.
During a long weekend break to Byron Bay with my lovely friend Kate, we binged on episodes of Lost, windy beach walks and this AMAZING avocado, lime and coconut yogurt face mask. We honestly got so addicted we indulged 3 nights in a row, and left the party beach atmosphere of Byron looking more glowing and refreshed than when we arrived!
The mask is very simple to make, and the best thing about it is you can eat the leftovers for breakfast or dessert as it’s so tasty and sweet! But be warned: remember to mush the avocado first before adding the other ingredients, it got a little messy trying to do it all in one!
Nourishing Avocado, Lime and Coconut Face Mask
- 1/2 ripe Avocado
- 1 tbsp of Coconut Yogurt – ideally the thicker varieties
- 1-2 tsp of fresh lime juice (make your own judgement on how zesty you like it)
- 1 tbsp of honey or agave syrup
1. Smash the avo first until its smooth and no lumps remain
2. Mix in the lime juice and yogurt
3. Slowly mix in the agave and gently mix in
4. Smear across your face like a mad man/women
And it really is that simple! But of all the face masks I’ve tried the coconut Yogurt and avocado made our skin so so soft and the lime really adding a brightening. The leftovers are also awesome frozen as mini key lime pies on a biscuit base. Win win!