Meat free Monday lazy green people! Hope you had a lovely weekend and feeling peckish…I have a scrummy idea for you.
You can never have too many recipes which take just 5 minutes to make, especially when they are as versatile and delicious as fruity couscous! This dish can be served up hot with a veg stew or chickpea tagine; or cold as a salad or a quick fix lunch.
Now, this recipe is so quick and easy, that I feel a little cheeky posting it!! But it’s just as much about the inspiration than the method itself, plus I’m currently on holiday so sometimes you gotta take it easy….
- 1 cup of couscous
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1tsp bouillon or ½ veg stock cube
- ½ lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1tsp paprika
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- 1 tbsp chopped dried dates
- 2 tbsp chopped dried apricots
- Mix all your dried ingredients together; then add the fruit and garlic.
- Add the boiling water to the stock and mix thoroughly. Pour the stock mixture over the couscous; making sure to cover evenly. Do not stir! Leave to its own devises for about 3 minutes, or until the water is all soaked up.
- Give it a good stir and decorate with pomegranate, chopped coriander or a few giant raisons. Nom!
2 thoughts on “Lazy Vegan Recipe: 5 Minute Fruity Couscous”
Just what you want from a comfort food – tasty but made in the blink of an eye, well almost.
I like to think of it as a healthier alternative to pot noodles – just add water! 😛