It’s Halloween week!! I’m extra excited this year, as October 31st will also be the day my dearest and closest cousin gets married. It’s because of this upcoming event (along with it’s Medieval Halloween themed dress code) that I have been a bit behind with posting any festive blogs.
But last night I got a burst of Halloween excitement and realised my Meat Free Monday recipe couldn’t miss out on a bit of trick or treat naughtiness. As always, I left it until late in the evening to do, and made it up on he spot with whatever I had to hand; so it’s testament to a quick and easy lazy recipe 🙂 I’m guessing it’s pretty easy to freestyle too, depending on what ingredients, and time, you have to spare.
Warming: these are pretty messy and VERY naughty!
Coconut and almond ghouls
- 4 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsps. agave syrup
- 1 tbsp. golden syrup
- 1 tbsp. coco butter
- 1 tsps. ground almond
Nutty chocolate base
- 1 tbsp. ground almond
- 1 tsps. coconut oil
- 1 tbsps. coco powder
- 2 tbsps. Walnuts
- 5 dates, chopped
- 2 tsps. agave or maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Thoroughly mix together all ghoul ingredients in a bowl. Wet hands and mould mixture into 6 balls, pinching at the top and flattening to make ghost like triangles.
- Set aside in the fridge to cool
- In a food processor mix together all the chocolate base ingredients until blended to a smooth mixture. (my food processor broke half way through, so I was left with a much chunkier mixture – this is OK too!)
- On a plate or glass board dollop one tbsp. of the chocolate mix and place a coconut ghoul on top. Leave a little mixture in the bowl to use for the eyes. You may need a small toothpick to help add two small eye dots with the mixture. As my mix was chunky I used pieces of chocolatey walnuts as eyes.
- Finish off with half tsp. of raspberry or strawberry jam on each ghoul head. The runnier the better!
- Leave in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
Need more inspiration?
Check out my ready made Halloween Pinterest board, filled with lots more Vegan sweet treat ideas 🙂