Om nom nom nom……..that’s the best introduction I can give to these delicious little bites of loveliness!
I created this recipe when I had a particularly strong chocolate craving late on Saturday evening and only had drinking chocolate flakes in the house. “Fear not!” I told myself; this wasn’t any old drinking chocolate, this was Eden Project Spice Mandarin Drinking Chocolate, which was in fact real life cocoa solids. Perfect for melting into something tasty.
I just mixed up the melted chocolate and coconut oil with whatever nuts and seeds were lying around, but it’s so quick and easy you could experiment further by adding pieces of candied orange peel, currents or ginger. Anything to add an even more festive feel.
So when everyone is reaching for the quality streets at Christmas, I’ll have my very own vegan treat up my sleeve!
Spiced Mandarin Chocolate & Seed Thins
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp. Eden project Spiced Mandarin drinking chocolate (could work with normal drinking chocolate)
- 1/2 cu of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. cashew (or your nut of choice)
1. Over a pan of boiling water, melt the coconut oil and chocolate flakes.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the seeds and nuts, before gently pouring in the chocolate mixture and stirring.
3. Stop to lick the bowl and spoon…
4. Use a spatula to add the seedy mix to a lined/greased baking tray (I used the empty cashew bag so I got one more use before it went in landfill 😦 ) Make sure the mix is completely eve and flat.
5. Put the tray in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set.
6. Once hard, use a sharp knife to cut into think slices and transfer to an air tight container. Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (if they last that long!)