Happy lazy meat free Monday!!
I hope your weekend was filled with sun, fun and lots of lazing around! As usual, I had set out with lots of great intentions of blogs I wanted to write, but got easily distracted by the beach and the waves; oh the woes of a Cornish dweller!
But we all know, even lazy old me wouldn’t miss a chance to share a meat free recipe, and this one is by the far the easiest and yummiest I’ve made for a while. It’s become a big favourite of mine, in fact, and makes a quick and healthy breakfast or lunch perfect for those sunny days when cooking is the last thing you want to do.
- Slice of your favourite bread (I like mine thick and seedy)
- 1 avocado
- 1 spring onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- Small handful of fresh basil
- Pop your toast in the toasted on a medium to low setting
- Meanwhile remove the stone from the avocado and scope out the fresh into a bowl. Mash up until smooth and creamy (add a little lemon juice if it’s a bit under ripe)
- Once the toast has popped up, immediately spread the tomato puree on and then the avocado
- Now decorate with your spring onion, pepper and basil – though you can add anything you have to hand in the fridge!
- Finish off with a pinch of salt and pepper, and a dash of chilli oil or seeds….nom!!
As this is so quick and easy, and doesn’t have to be served hot, it makes a great alternative to a sandwich for a picnic or lunch box for kids.
One thought on “Lazy Recipe: Vegan Avocado pizza toast”
Cute idea! It’s okay, I too, had dreams of three different projects for my blog and in the end settled on a measly one because the pool is just too tempting! We all need a little r&r between posts!
LikeLiked by 1 person