Ok, so blueberry muffins are traditionally not too hard to create. And if you’re looking for inspiration, you should look no further than Vegan Muffin Woman, who’s stunning muffin recipes will make even the biggest vegan sceptic want to throw away their butter and munch on her sweet delights!
But….I like this muffin recipe lots and lots because not only are they quick, easy and very tasty; they are actually pretty healthy too! That’s because I let the berries do all the work when it comes to sweetness and moisture; so they don’t need much added sugar or fat. It also works well with raspberries.
Moist & Healthy Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 tbsp. of jumbo oats
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line muffin tin with – ideally reusable – muffin cases (I lost mine during my house move!)
- In a jug, mix together the milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together, before slowly stirring in the milky mixture.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of mixture into each muffin case and sprinkle the rolled oats onto of each one. Pop into the oven for about 25 minutes, or poke with a toothpick and check it comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm with a cup of green tea and pat yourself on the back for all your hard (ish) work…easy!