Ahhh, Monday has returned once more! I know, i know, its not our favorite day of the week but it is the day when I share my easy (and often experimental) vegan recipes. so it cant be all that bad, can it?
This week is a magical Chestnut and Chilli Meatball recipe, which I discovered yesterday when attempting to make homemade stuffing balls for my roast dinner. I hadn’t really researched the ingredients or method (as usual), and ended up free-styling with what I had. The result was a ball that was so spicy and filling they were more like meat balls than stuffing balls!!
But they were so delicious and moreish that I completely devoured them before even remembering to take a picture of the cooked product. Oops sorry! But then I guess that’s why this is a lazy green living blog, not a snazzy recipe blog! 😛
Chestnut and Chilli Meat(less)
- 2 slice of wholemeal bread, toasted
- 80g of chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon of chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons of water
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Bread up the slices of toast into a food processor, and add the chestnuts and water. Whizz up for about 30 seconds until all the ingredients are combined.
- Decant the mixture into a bowl and add the chilli and seasoning.
- Moisten your hands (make sure they are clean people!) and mold into bite-size balls.
- Depending on the recipe you are using them for you can either bake them in the oven for 20 minutes for stuffing balls, or gently fry them in oil and add to a tomato sauce for a vegan version of spaghetti and meatballs! Lady and the tramp would be so proud 🙂