Happy Monday lazy Green People!!!!
A quickie from me as I’m at a work conference today, but I wanted to share my new breakfast hangover cure, these delicious sweet potato and courgette rostis. They are so eay to make and can be frozen for lazy Sunday morning vegan fry-ups!
Sweet Potato and Courgette Rosti
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 courgette
- 3 tbsp. ground flax
- 6 tbsp. cold water
- 2 tbsp. plain flour
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. In a bowl , grate the courgette and sweet potato; and then transfer to a clean tea towel. Wrap the towel up into tight ball and squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
3. In a small bowl, mix the flax and water to form a paste and set aside.
4.Transfer the dried gratings back into a clean bowl and add the flour and flax mixture. Mix thoroughly until everything is coated in the flax batter. Add your spice and seasoning.
5. Heat a non stick frying pan with about 3 tbsp. of oil and test with a tiny dollop of the rosti mix. Once hot enough, fry a couple of rostis at a time – about a tbsp. big – for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Once brown on both sides, transfer the rosti to a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes to crisp up and drain off some of the oil.
7. Whilst my rostis were cooking I cooked some portabello mushrooms and spinach on a griddle pan for serving. But these also taste great as a fry up with beans and tomatos or in a sanddwich for hangovers!
One thought on “Lazy Vegan Breakfast: Sweet potato and Courgette Rosti”
These look yummy. I make courgette rosti often but have never added sweet potato. I will be giving these a try. Thank you for the recipe